terça-feira, 12 de outubro de 2010

Atlanta, Georgia - visiting CNN

I wanted to go to Washington D.C, but Atlanta is before of Washington. I thought Atlanta is simply Atlanta until I remembered that city was the site of the Olimpics. It is beautiful city.
But I didn´t remember that CNN is located in Atlanta, all CNN is that same city.
CNN - Atlanta
More: I stayed in the hotel in front CNN. By my bedroom, I saw my future (laugh)
Atlanta was a city to stop for me, but I discovered that CNN offers inside tours. I was ready! Now I had to chew my nails and wait for the moment to visit the famous CNN.
CNN is located in a big space. They have food and a hotel. If you look it up, you will find a hotel where employees live, receive interviewers and tourists too. This hotel is the Omni, it is big. Can you imagine how it is to live in CNN? If happens anything, you are where the news is produced.
Then, the 29th I woke up early, It was my mom’s birthday and I was commemorating 2 months in the USA. And, I was in my tenth trip in this year. The time goes faster.
12:40 p.m.  – CNN
I was astonished because there was a big group of tourists. In my group were some people from Germany. I was the youngest in the group. I dind’t notice anyone journalism students.
In CNN, you cannot even use a camera. It is sad because CNN´s wall has a lot of big posters about important moments, facts in pictures, including the first telephone that CNN used to report wars.
I saw an exotic picture. The journalist was in a car with an antenna in a poor city, Uganda. Many people were around the antenna because they had never seen it.
I visited studios and I think that the Tele prompter (object where a journalist read the news) is different. It is controlled by foot. Before I just saw Tele prompters controlled by hand. The guide showed how a weather forecast is made and I saw creativity panel.
Sometimes, they used green material to not disturb the panel. The journalist cannot appear more than the news.
We went to studio where the news was transmitted. It is cool. There are studios to international CNN, radio, Spanish CNN and debates.
During the tour, a woman asked about the people who work there. The guide man answered: Only journalists. I think it is important to study journalism because big companies hire journalists with a diploma.
            Another part of the tour I know already. The big editorial office and all the people working quickly. Everywhere has TV and internet.
            In the food court was one car that CNN used to report war, absolutely armoured.
In the end, they showed a video about journalism. What it means to be a journalist, why is important, why you should choose journalism. It was amazing. They showed good pictures and facts. I wil never forget this moment.

Nenhum comentário: