segunda-feira, 11 de outubro de 2010

Finally Arkansas


Now, I will tell about Arakansas. I didn’t come to Arkansas by air plane because I have too much luggage and I would need to pay a fee for my surplus luggage. But it was nice, I saw beautiful sceneries, I crossed the states of Alabama, Mississippi and finally, Arkansas.
            The highways have a lot of rest areas which are (points) “places” may be more appropriate) to have a rest, eat and use the restrooms. If you want to buy food, you have to go into  a city.  There are  the  same big  franchises, such as Mc Donald’s, Taco Bell, Wal Mart, and Wendy’s, as in Brazil. There are motels too.  A motel in  the USA is small hotel by the roadside. Motel means Motor Hotel.
The highway has a lot of plaques about camping.  The state of Alabama has one city called Marianna. It is a coincidence, isn’t it? I took a picture.
Red Box: rent a movie for 1 dollar
When I arrived in Arkansas, 2 hour  Behind Brazilian time?, I was receive an  Indian couple. They have 2 children, one daughter who lives in New York and one son who lives in Kansas. I told the wife  about a  book I want to read which that tells of a tragedy in Kansas, but she did not know of the book She was cute, she said that we can be friends. I thought she was generous? She had a hard time learning English when she left India).
I had dinner with them. I visited? the University of Arkansas which is beautiful and has journalism courses(?). The University is close to their   house.
As they are from India, I ate rice and Indian bread which is different and the food is spicy.

More: Each state in the USA has one nickname. Florida is The Orange State and Arkansas is The Natural State. This nickname means that Arkansas has beautiful sceneries, 62 parks for  camping in all seasons, hotels located in the mountains, spas and activities such as rafting and ski. I love it.
 During my travel, I got a lot of guides about the population, …,too many things to read. During my travel, I noticed a lot of plaques about museums too.
In back of the University is  Clinton`s house. Clinton lived and studied in Arkansas.
Well, I moved  to my home on  August 9, and I already  celebrated (we usually celebrate a birthday and commemorate something more formal and inclusive, such as Veteran’s Day, but if you want THIS birthday to be extra special, I suppose you could commemorate it this onceJ) my birthday here….(laugh)
I am living in an  apartment close to  the  University. I love it! I have a living room, complete kitchen, bedroom, closet, bathroom, 2 TV’s, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, bed and more. I have  a housekeeper every day,  as well as breakfast and dinner- because lunch in the USA is small and breakfast is similar to a lunch in Brazil. I have a fitness center, swimming pool indoors, hot tub and barbecue area. My home is close to the University.
The neighborhood has many facilities in the area where I live  is a  market, Wal Mart, Liquor brinks? stores?, Taco Bell, pizza and newness: Mc Donald`s (laugh, it is one prague, it is everywhere.) Well, the USA has too much fast food. You can imagine.
The city has about 100,000 people ; it is smaller than Sertaozinho, but it has too many options to do. Some places are open  24 hours per day. The people buy too much. ? The USA has two or three Wal Marts and  Kmarts per small city.
And about the supermarket? One big aisle for  sauce, other only for cereal and another only for fodder? I think it encourages the people to eat. They have to process too many options.
The supermarket has Red Box. I can rent a movie in a machine similar to a Coca-Cola machine. The price? One dollar for any movie, casting or blu-ray.

Nenhum comentário: