segunda-feira, 11 de outubro de 2010

Making friends


I changed to my home the same week of my birthday. I didn’t miss anything, but I had barbecue and surprise party. It was very nice because I didn’t miss anything and I got my first Happy Birthday. (Laugh)
On the following day, I went to Aruna’s house because she offered a dinner to the Verma’s OR their  friends. At that dinner I experienced the famous Indian tea. I liked it. The Indian tea is weak. Their friends are called Tom and Judy. Tom is a professor at the University of Arkansas and (she) Judy is an engineer. They have three children. She gives class to her children. It is common. I read one report about it in Brazil because the parents ? I think it is nice. She has read some texts that I have written and she has helped me.  Her daughter is Grace and she is 13. She has many abilites. She prints and plays piano.
I went to  a fair with them, similar to our fair in Brazil. Grace entered some exhibitions in the fair. I saw pictures, dresses, earrings, anything made by herself.
In the USA, the taxes are different because you buy one soft drink, for example.  In the aisle you notice 2 dollar, but when you go to the cashier, you pay 2 dollar plus tax. In other words, at  the cash register OR check out line you know how much tax you pay. If we knew how much tax we pay in Brazil, we would be disgusted.
Another day Aruna invited me to watch a movie at her house. Ok, I went to Aruna’s house and her friend invited us to watch the movie together. So, we went.
Aruna’s friend is from India and her husband, too. I arrived there and she was watching an Indian soap  opera. I thought it was funny. Her house is beautiful and is similar to an underground house. In one part of house, she has a  beautiful place to pray. She has Hare Krishna and other Indian gods. It is really beautiful. Her son who designed it died. All things in the place to pray are from India.

Nenhum comentário: